Thursday, December 29, 2005

...All run down

I'm so tired today. My baby daughter was ill over Christmas with a stomach bug. Now my son and I have it too, and I'm so worn out after everything that's been happening. Yesterday, my son asked me: "when do you ever get a rest?" I thought about it for a moment. "Hardly ever," I told him, because in truth, I don't get much rest these days. When I'm not being a housewife, looking after the children and trying to keep house, I work on my projects to try to earn myself a bit of extra money. I don't have to work. My husband makes that clear every time I talk about my websites and how I could make a bit of money from them when they're up and running. "You just look after the kids," he says, "that's all I want you to do." We're not poor by any means. My husband runs his own businesses (which I will talk about another time...), but I have always been so independent about money. I like to be able to go shopping without having to ask for the things I want or need. Up until being married, I have always earned my own money, one way or another. I don't think I could stand to be a truly "kept woman". But my son seems to have taken it upon himself to make sure I have a rest. "Why don't we make some popcorn and watch a film?" he suggests. I would have loved to, but I needed to try to get all the laundry done. Then later, when his daddy had gone upstairs for his evening snooze, "You can have a sleep now, Mummy. I'll look after my sister for a while!" He's such a sweet child! Nine years old, and going through that phase where he's testing how much he can get away with, but I know he has such a good heart. So, I'm going to take his advice and have a rest. I am ill too, after all!

1 comments:

NA said...

Children are blessings from heaven. =)

Especially kind and thoughtful ones. =)