Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Knock me for six!!!

I was just starting to feel settled into a routine again, when-Bam Bam Bam! Everything's happening at once, again! Finally, I think we've found a house to move to. I can't say for sure yet (as I don't want to tempt fate!), but it is a major possibility. But that's not all. At the same time, my hubby is selling his (legitimate) business, my brother in law is coming to stay for a month, and my Dad has been taken ill. Lately, there's been so much going around in my head, it feels like I'm going to explode! For me, moving house is more significant than having a great home for the kids. The place I live in now is where I've done most of my 'growing up'. I was nineteen when I moved in, and those eight years since have been the most significant part of my life so far. So many memories to leave behind... Not all of them good, I admit, though I will miss them. But on the plus side, it will be a new start for us all, and my husband will no longer have to cope with the ghosts of my past which linger here still... A few weeks ago, a blast from my past sent me an email. Just a quick note to see how I am. For a while, I was unsure whether or not to reply. If you've ever had a "one that got away", you'll understand why. For many years, he was a part of my life, a fleeting lover, but always one of my greatest friends. At least until that night when we almost took things a little too far. We've hardly spoken since, though it's not that we don't want to! There's too much unspoken tension between us, the kind which could be exquisite, but is far too dangerous to unleash. "S" is married, as he was on that night. And now, I am too. I wonder if his wife knows that we're still in touch? My hubby certainly doesn't. I can usually hide my feelings from him, but I'm still worried that he's be jealous to know that I'm in touch with my ex. Even so, today I decided not to burn my bridges and I sent a message back. God bless the little extra privacy which technology allows!

0 comments: